Monday, April 14, 2014

Spanish Rice-A-Roni Meal

Hello Everyone!!! I am so excited to share with you a favorite meal in my house. This is something we eat at least 3 or 4 times a month. 

It all started while I was pregnant and on a serious Rice A Roni kick. I ate it all the time when I was a kid and wanted it all the time. My poor husband wanted a variety so we tried the recipe and IT WAS AMAZING!! This is such an inexpensive meal it costs about 7 dollars and feeds 4-5 people. We always have left overs for lunch the next day. 

All you need is:

  • 1/2 Onion diced
  • 1 Green Pepper diced 
  • 1 box of Rice a Roni Spanish Rice
  • 2 cups of water 
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes 
  • 1 lb of Ground Beef 



Just brown the ground beef and drain. Add the Rice a Roni, tomatoes, water, onion, seasoning and bring to a boil. Than simmer for about 15 mins.  Then add in the onion and peppers and stir leave there for about 5 minutes and voila AMAZING dinner!!!! The onions and green peppers are still nice and crunchy in contrast with the flavorful tomatoes. 



This is my go to meal on a budget (read cheap LOL). So share with me your favorite "oh gosh we are broke meal"! I would love some new ideas. Also tell me if you try the recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments I would love to know what you thought of this post.
Thanks for reading!