Monday, October 13, 2014
Italian Chicken in a Creamy White Wine Mushroom Sauce
So this weekend was crazy at our house. We had big plans to visit my mother in law. Well our car had other plans because the battery died and it seemed like everyone with the same car had the same issue recently because 4 of the places closest to us were sold out of the battery we needed. But it is really funny how things work because honestly we had this “forced” time where we couldn’t leave the house. We spent that time around the dinner table streaming movies on the laptop, cooking, and making our Thanksgiving invitations. So we really turned lemons into lemonade this weekend J Since we had to wait to go to the grocery store I wanted to make the best of what we had and Chicken over a Creamy White Wine Mushroom Sauce. My family loved this meal. So I wanted to share the recipe with you because it was AMAZING!!!
For the Chicken:
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
Pinch of Onion Powder
Adobo to taste
For the Sauce:
½ Yellow Onion Diced
3 teaspoons of Diced Garlic
2 cups of Sliced Mushrooms
2 tablespoons of light Olive oil
4 tablespoons of Butter
1 Cup of Dry White Wine
1 ½ Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
And any kind of pasta (I used spaghetti)
1. Heat up a Dutch Oven or Pot with a lid and coat the bottom with the Light Olive Oil. Once the pan is hot add the onions and let the sauté until almost opaque.
2. Add the butter until melted and then add the mushrooms and garlic. Let them brown for about 3 minutes and add the wine. Bring the wine to a boil. Let it boil for like 3 minutes with the lid on and then bring down to a simmer.
3. Now start on the chicken. Pound out the chicken breasts so they are thin. Sprinkle with the Italian Seasoning, Adobo, and Onion Powder.
4. Put a Pan on High heat to get the pan sizzling hot with some olive oil. Turn down to medium high and place the chicken breasts in the pan. Do not touch them!!!!!!! (I learned this on Master Chef J) Let them cook for 4mins- 5 minutes and then flip over and do it again. Also you can start your pasta now.
5. Add the cream to your mushroom sauce in the other pan turn up the heat boil for 1 min and then let it simmer while you finish the spaghetti and cut up the chicken. Keep Stirring!
6. Plate your delicious meal and tell me how it came out in the comments below J