Friday, October 10, 2014

Consequence Jar


  The Consequence Jar.

So I am trying to teach my kids to be accountable. But sometimes I am not so accountable myself when it comes to discipline. The word consequence has become nothing more of an empty threat around here because most of the time I am too frazzled to come up with a good consequence on the spot. So to alleviate this I created the consequence jar. I found the idea on pinterest and I came up with consequences that would fit our family and age ranges.  I want to point out the grace one. Sometime you get a free pass. God has grace for us but just because we didn’t have a consequence doesn’t mean we didn’t learn a lesson. J



  • Put on your bathing suit and clean the shower.
  • Write a letter of apology
  • Copy a bible verse of moms choosing
  • Put on your bathing suit and clean the shower
  • Sweep the kitchen floor
  • Wipe the cabinets in the kitchen
  • Vacuum daddy’s office
  • Organize the homeschool bookshelf
  • Dust all the electronics
  • Read a book to your baby brother
  • Go to bed 30 minutes early
  • No TV before bedtime read a book instead
  • Be the server at dinner time.
  • Clean the bathroom sink
  • GRACE
  • Write a letter about how much you love someone
  • Sing a song with William
  • 25 push ups
  • Frankenstein for 7 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments I would love to know what you thought of this post.
Thanks for reading!